S-T-R-E-T-C-H of the Month
- Start by lying on the floor on your back with your feet together and your knees bent.
- Place your arms on your sides and part your legs so that your feet are about a hip distance apart.
- Take a deep breath and allow the air to travel all the way down to your pelvis. As you inhale, lift one leg up from the floor, keeping the knee bent.
- Even though your thigh muscles are also at work, your abdominal muscles should exert the most pressure.
- Make sure your hips remain flat on the floor.
- Return the foot on the floor as you exhale.
Do the exercise three times on each leg.