Seated Neck Stretch
- Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the ground.
- Extend your right arm along the right side of the chair.
- Place your left hand on the top of your head and slowly tilt your head to the left.
- Apply gentle pressure with your hand to increase the stretch. To feel a deeper stretch, you can hold onto the seat of the chair. This stabilises the torso and allows you to isolate the stretch on the side of your neck.
- Hold on this side for 30 seconds, then slowly lift your head up and repeat this stretch on the other side.
We all have different strengths and weaknesses but finding out what you are really good at and using those talents can increase wellbeing.
Using your strengths to help others or contribute to the community creates a sense of meaning and purpose.