Stretch of the Month
- Using a towel, lie on your stomach.
- Attach the band your right foot and pull your heel to your butt.
- Hold this stretch for 1 min.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Change legs and repeat 3 times.
Natural Oils for Winter Skin
Natural oils are the ideal solution for winter skin problems. Not only do they provide moisture, but in their natural state, natural oils often contain anti-aging nutrients that can repair damaged skin and help prevent further damage. Some of these include:
- Coconut oil is probably the best known natural skin care oil. In addition to being a moisturising oil, it contains vitamin E and a molecule called squalene whose chemical structure closely resembles the skin’s sebum
- Shea butter forms a barrier between the elements and the skin and seals in moisture. Natural therapists also often recommend shea butter for its ability to help heal scar tissue produced by stretch marks and hyper-pigmentation.
- Argan oil Studies have shown that the scientific secret behind this beauty secret is the abundance of nutrients and antioxidants.
- Jojoba has some very distinguishing properties; one of them being that instead of producing a plant oil, it produces a wax ester that is nearly identical to skin sebum. Jojoba oil also contains antibacterial properties and high levels of antioxidants.