Stretch of the Month
Flexion Stretch – Chin to Chest
- Gently bend your head forward while bringing your chin toward your chest.
- Stop when a stretch is felt in the back of your neck.
- Hold position for 15-30 seconds.
- Return to starting position. (Neck in midline position).
- Repeat above stretch 5 more times.
What is Social Wellness?
Social Wellness is our ability to maintain healthy, supportive relationships with other people. Social Wellness is necessary for your well-being and longevity. Poor social health can result in sickness & disease. A social issue like loneliness caused by a poor support network may double your risk of death within any time period, at any age.
Here are a few more quick tips on how to improve your social health:
- Spend time with friends and family
- Avoid those that put you down, take but never give
- Pursue activities and people who nurture your needs
- Join a club or organisation that interests you
When you make the choice to improve your social health, you will perform better under stress, boost your self- esteem, increase your energy levels and achieve better overall physical health.