Try a relaxation technique that involves tensing and relaxing the muscles of each part of the body, one part at a time, start with sitting or reclining in a quiet, comfortable setting with one’s shoes off:
- Make a fist with your right hand for 5–8 seconds, and then relax it.
- Bend your right arm to flex your biceps, and then relax it.
- Make a fist with your left hand, and then relax it.
- Bend your left arm to flex your biceps, and then relax it.
- Raise your eyebrows, and then relax your face.
- Squeeze your eyes shut, then relax.
- Clench your teeth and grimace, then relax.
- Afterward, close your eyes and remain relaxed, breathing deeply.